Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Love is...

The word "love" has many meanings to many people. The New Testament's First Corinthians letter sums up love's attributes by saying, "Love is patient and kind; it does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; is not irritable or resentful..." (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

Love Is...Our Reason for Being

Love Is Our Reason for Being

"I think love is the entire purpose of life. I think love is God expressing himself through us. When it comes with attachments and jealousies and etc., I think that is where we are inserting ourselves into the mix and not letting love (God) flow through without obstruction.

I think, as we grow on our spiritual journey, we are more and more able to let that love flow through us without the human limitations."

--Nnn123


Love Is...Openness

Love Is Openness "Love is: Our lives opened and given to everyone we meet along the way. It must be given to be received. In all its forms it is simply how we show the world around us who we are. We have received God's love. In return we give it to the world. This world could be a better place if all were willing to give love instead of just take. We all know how to love. Sadly, it is very often abused."

--royalsd

Love Is...Simple Gestures That Speak Volumes

Love Is Simple Gestures That Speak Volumes "In my day-to-day life, love is quite simple. I see its strength in my life when I am drifting off to sleep with my head on my lovely boyfriend's lap and he is faithfully scratching my back even though he's had a long hard day too. Or when I get home from a long day at work, a day when my boss has yelled and I have cried, and my sweet little kitty jumps up when I get home and bends her head for me to kiss it. Or when my mum buys some flowers and leaves one perfect little bud in a vase by my bed--just because. It's those things that spell out love, at least for me, each day."

--emmabliss57

Love Is...Putting Others First

Love Is Putting Others First

"To me, love is being able and willing to put oneself aside in order to serve the needs of another...family, friend, neighbor, stranger or foe. To quiet that voice in your head with the to-do lists, the have-to-go reasons and the must-haves, and live in the present moment with that individual. It could be listening (really listening) to an old man recounting the adventures of his youth or taking the time to understand a person you don't even like, to see what she/he sees and maybe why. All people are precious to God and therefore worth both your time and care."

--Leslielouise

Love Is...Compassion

Love Is Compassion

"Love is one thing, but there are many types of love. There's friendship and romantic love. I would say that compassion is also a form of love, probably the one that will save us as a species and save our planet.... I believe the original sin was selfishness.... I can't think of any factor more than selfishness that causes so much suffering in the world today. Some believe love and hate are opposites. I believe love and selfishness are. Love is sharing, and compassion, and right action. All the good stuff and none of the bad."

--Pluckyclucky


Love Is...Unconditional

Unconditional

"Love means accepting someone just as they were created, unconditionally. It means loving someone no matter what they say or do. Love DOES mean having to say you are sorry, if you love someone with a big ego."

--lovelight6