Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Eat mindfully


  • Eat enough but not more - Learn how much food I need to eat in order to be satiated or satisfied, but not so much as to be full. Be aware of what being full feels like and do not eat beyond that point.

  • Love my food - Look at it, smell it, savor it. Enjoy every moment of eating it and take my time.

  • Don't be seduced - Be aware that I can be influenced by things such as advertisements, being at a party, or being at a restaurants. Take the time to notice if I am truly hungry or just being triggered to crave food because of my circumstances.

  • Don't feed the feelings - Don't just eat because of how I feel. Eating a candy bar will not make my stress go away. Moods are impermanent and will pass. Just be patient.

  • Just eat - Focus on eating when I am eating. Clear my mind and be present with my food.